I’m sure you’ve had those glorious cheesecakes at fancy restaurants that are so creamy that you positively squeal with excitement as your fork just slides down the velvety silky layers.The ganache is congealed on top of the layers as if to announce the revival of the original cheesecake. That congealed ganache truly is everything in a chocolate cheesecake. I did it all in this dessert. I didn’t bake it at all, and so I’m admittedly quite blown by this masterpiece and so are a lot of the friends whom I shared this with because trust me you don’t want to be the only one around this. This no bake Nutella devil cake is pretty explosive. It would be a sin to just stare at it and not pick up that darned fork already smeared with a bit of that mousse and take the plunge. But you must. You really must. This is food porn!
No Bake Nutella Mousse Cheesecake Recipe
- 20 oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 20 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered/confectioner's sugar
- 4 tbsp hot water
- 1 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup nutella
- 3/4 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Pulse together oreo cookies and butter until they're clump. Dump the mixture into an 8 inch spring form pan and press it down well. Refrigerate the crust.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- In a small cup, pour in the hot water and add gelatin. Stir until gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Pour the thickened gelatin into the cream cheese mixture.
- In another mixing bowl, whip up heavy cream. Once frothy, add in sugar and continue whipping until you get stiff peaks, about 4-5 minutes.
- Fold this whipped cream very gently into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread 2/3 of the filling onto the refrigerated oreo crust and smooth it out with the help of a spatula.
- In the remaining filling, mix nutella. Spread this nutella mixture over the first layer of cream cheese. Smooth it out. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at atleast an hour.
- To prepare the ganache, warm up heavy cream either in a saucepan or microwave.
- Pour this onto the chocolate chips. Let sit for a minute and then stir until chocolate is fully melted and gets slightly thick.
- Pour the ganache onto the cheesecake and smooth out with a spatula.
- Garnish with hazelnuts. Cover with cling film and let refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Slice up and enjoy!
- For ganache, make sure to use your favorite good quality chocolate. No compromises there!