No Bake Chocolate Coconut Oat Bars
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1.2 cup peanut butter
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and sugar. In a separate bowl mix, coconut and oats together and add them into the saucepan. Stir for about 2 -3 minutes.
- Drop half of the oat mixture into a greased 8x8 inch square pan. Using the back of a spoon, press down the oats firmly into the pan. Reserve the remaining oat mixture for topping later.
- For the chocolate center, melt chocolate and peanut butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir to combine. Now pour the nutty chocolate on the oat crust. Spread the remaining oat mixture evenly over the top.
- Let the pan chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or in the freezer for an hour. Once set, cut into squares. It's best to have these straight from the fridge because the chocolate will start to melt if left at room temperature.