Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is one mysterious pasta! With barely any ingredients: olive oil, garlic, red chili pepper flakes, black pepper, parmesan and parsley, this spaghetti stands out! If you think Aglio e Olio ends up being bland for you, make this recipe and I promise you won’t regret it. It’s all about the ratio!
SPAGHETTI AGLIO E OLIO | Garlic and Olive Oil Pasta | Favorite Italian Pasta Recipe
Spaghetti that is nothing short of a weeknight wonder!
- 1/4 cup excellent quality olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp red chilli pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper you can increase/decrease the amount to your liking
- 1/3 packet spaghetti about 5 oz, boiled and "well" salted (serves two)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Parsley to desired liking (I only garnish with parsley but you can add more if you like)
- In an unheated pan, add oil and thinly sliced garlic cloves.
- Next, turn the burner on to low to medium and let the oil bubble ever so gently for 10-15 minutes or until the garlic is golden brown.
- While the olive oil and garlic are cooking, boil spaghetti per packet instructions in generously salted boiling water.
- Once garlic has turned golden brown, lower the burner to the lowest setting and add red chilli pepper flakes and black pepper. (I have seen recipes not add black pepper and I think that is too bland for my taste.)
- Next, turn the flame off and add pasta and coat it well in the sauce.
- Next, add the parmesan cheese and continue tossing the pasta until the cheese has melted and the sauce is coating the pasta really well.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with some more parmesan!
I don’t think I have made a better pasta dish at home! It’s so easy and so delicious to eat. I could eat this daily! For a few minutes I was transported to Italy. Yes it’s that good! ❤️👌🇮🇹 This will be my regular home meal. Kids loved it also. Much thanks to Izza.
This is hands down my FAVORITE!!! Loved it so much! 😍
Ahh yay! Thank you for sharing your feedback Azka!
Made this recipe on a weeknight. So quick, simple, and DELICIOUS! We usually don’t do second servings on weeknights but boy this was worth it! Thanks. ????
Aw yay! thank you so much for leaving your comment and I’m so happy this got your thumbs up. Miss you on IG, girl!