Potato Cutlet | Aloo Tikki
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ onion finely chopped
- ½ to mato finely chopped
- green chilli optional
- 1-2 tbsp flour
- Quarter potatoes and boil them until fork-tender. I like to leave the skin on and peel after potatoes have boiled.They peel right off.
- Crush potatoes by hand to break them down but don’t mash finely.
- In a pan, add a a tsp of oil and add all the spices and cook for 30 seconds up to a minute on low heat. Be careful as spices have the tendency to burn very quickly.
- Pour this spicy infused oil into the crushed potatoes.
- Add salt, tomatoes onion and flour and mix until you can form small balls of potatoes.
- From the balls into patties and shallow fry in preheated oil. Make sure the oil is about an inch high and comes up the sides of the potato.
- Serve hot with raita or sandwich it between two slices of bread or bun!