Koobideh Kebab Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef 80% lean 20% fat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1/2 onion grated and squeezed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp saffron water
- 1 tsp garlic grated
- In a mixing bowl, add beef and all the remaining ingredients and mix well until everything is combined about 3-5 minutes.*Be sure to squeez out moisture from the grated onions using a paper towel or muslin cloth.
- Marinate for at least an hour.
- When ready to bake, set oven to the broiler setting while preparing the meat.
- Section the meat into five equal parts.
- Form one section into a cylindrical shape and slide onto a flat skewer and spread out. Wet hands as you work the meat.
- Next, create indentations in the meat with your thumb and index finger for a tradition look to the Kebab.
- Place the skewers on a tray to keep the meat elevated as it cooks.
- Place the tray in the oven and broil 8 minutes on each side. Halfway through, flip the skewer over.
- Once cooked, slide off skewer immediately and serve with Persian rice, tzatziki and roasted tomato.