One of the reasons I seldom make crispy chicken burgers is that it demands time and extensive cleaning as you set up your coating station which includes eggs and flour. I wanted to create a recipe that is easy and quick. In this Crispy Chicken Burger recipe, I do without eggs and found that the fat in chicken is enough to hold together the ground meat.
Adding in garam masala and ginger garlic paste gives it a Pakistani flavor, which along with the raita that I shared with my Seekh Kebab fills the kitchen with a familiar aroma of Pakistani cooking. Follow along and you’ll be quite amazed at how crispy and easy it is to make these burgers.
Crispy Chicken Keema Burger
Keema Patty Mix
- 1 lb chicken mince
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 green chili finely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- Oil for shallow frying
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp mint chopped
- 1/2 green chili chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1-2 tbsp pickle juice
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the ground chicken and all the spices and vegetables. Mix well.
- Next, form medium-sized patties. Be sure to oil your hands because the mixture is quite tacky.
- Next, in another mixing bowl, add about a cup of flour with a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper. Coat the chicken patties in the flour mixture really well. Turn the patties to coat both sides.
- In a pan over high heat, fill about an inch of oil for shallow frying the chicken patties.
- Once oil is is hot (375 F), add the patties. The oil should sizzle as the patties touch the pan.Cook for 3 minutes on each side, then lower the heat to medium and continue cooking until chicken is deeply golden brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, toast some hamburger buns and prepare raita and slaw.
- To make raita, blend raita ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- To make slaw, slice cabbage and onions and pour water from a jar of pickles along with a pinch salt and pepper. Alternatively, you can squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- To assemble, spread raita on the bun,add chicken patty and top with the slaw. Add another dollop of raita and serve!