Pakistani Chicken Corn Soup
I grew up eating this Chicken Corn Soup. This is how we make it in Pakistan.
Author: Rookie With A Cookie
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 5 cups
- 200 gms Chicken, boneless
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sweet corn, crushed
- 3 tsp flour mixed with water
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce, to taste
- ½ tsp hot sauce, to taste
- ½ tsp vinegar
- Boil chicken in chicken broth in a big pot or crock pot
- Let cook for 20-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Chicken should shred very easily.
- While chicken is cooking, add half the corn in a blender and pulse a few times with a touch of water. Do not puree the corn but just crush it lightly.
- Once chicken is done, remove it from the pot and shred with fok and knife.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot, along with the crushed corn and 2 cups of water and continue to simmer the soup,
- While the soup is simmering, mix flour with a little bit of water to make a slurry and pour this into the simmering soup to thicken it.
- Next, beat an egg and slowly pour into the soup.
- Add salt to taste along with hot sauce, soy sauce and vinegar as needed,
- Serve hot. I like to add more soy sauce, hot sauce and green chilies to the soup.