It doesn’t get more authentic than this! I’m sharing the real deal. Peshawari Chapli Kebab! It’s the ultimate street food in Peshawar, Pakistan, and now you can quickly make this in your kitchen!
Peshawari Chapli Kebab | Ultimate Pakistani Street Food!
- 1 lb beef 80% lean 20% fat
- 2 tsp coriander seeds crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds crushed
- 1 tsp red chilli powder cayenne or Kashmiri red chilli
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1 egg cooked and scrambled (allow to cool completely)
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- In no particular order, add all the ingredients into the beef and mix really well. Because there are spices and herbs, make sure everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Allow to marinate for at least an hour or up to 6 hours. I have left this in the fridge overnight and the result is even more delicious. I wouldn't marinate for longer than 24 hours.
- In a pan, add enough oil to shallow fry the kebab. (Traditionally, chapli kebabs are fried and not grilled). When ready to fry, place a ball of mince in your hand and flatten super thin.
- Flip once the bottom is deep brown, about 5-6 minutes.(I flip the kebab only once or twice).
- Serve hot with raita and naan.