Excuse the poor photography but Holy Guac! This bread is the best pumpkin bread I have come up with. I absolutely love it when I am able to create a recipe that gives me the best results. This one came out so perfect, it would give coffee places a run for their money any day. A layer of cream cheese or rather cheesecake swirls between the batter. It adds a tart flavor that balances out the sweetness of the bread. And of course the pumpkin flavor in this is amazing. Perfectly spiced, perfectly moist, this bread is perfect with coffee!
Velvet Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
Cream Cheese Layer (Optional)
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp quick oats
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cold butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Cream together butter and sugars for two to three minutes.
- Next, scoop in your pumpkin puree along with the eggs. Beat the batter until everything is well combined. The mixture will look curdled after the addition of the eggs but don't worry.
- Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl and add that to the batter. Beat the batter for a few minutes until everything is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, prepare your cream cheese layer. Beat cream cheese and sugar until combined. Crack in the egg and mix well until batter is velvety.
- To layer the pumpkin bread into the pan, spoon half the batter into the prepared pan evenly.
- Next, pour in the cream cheese layer and spread evenly with the help of a spatula.
- Finally pour the remaining batter on top.
- To make the streusal topping, mix brown sugar, oats and flour in a bowl. Cut cold butter into the mixture using a fork until the mixtures looks crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping over the batter and bake in the oven for 70-75 minutes.
- The bread is done when a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Perfect with a coffee!