Remember that Pad Thai recipe I shared a few weeks ago that had me squealing with delight? This one is another favorite I stole from the chef. It is beyond delicious. Usually I taste my food and toot my own horn. So, for your benefit I pulled my best friend from Pakistan into the camera frame and shoved a spoonful of the Thai-spiced beef in her mouth telling her what to say. WATCH THE VIDEO!
My friend sold it pretty well. The Thai Beef Chilli is indeed really delicious. And for a dish that comes together in less than 20 minutes, you have no excuse but to make this. It’s my go-to when I’m pressed for time and don’t want to grab processed fast food or even greasy Asian take-out. Because guess what? The only greasy take-out that I’m going to be eating would be taken out of my kitchen! HAH!
Here’s the recipe for ya!
Thai Beef Chilli
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 pound beef flap meat/undercut cut in strips
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce + 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp garlic chilli paste
- 2 green chilis sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 2 basil leaves rough chopped
- In a preheated wok, add 1/4 cup of peanut oil and let it heat for 30 seconds.
- Next, add the beef and let it brown on high heat.
- Add chopped galic, the sliced onion and green chillies and stir.
- Next, pour in the oyster sauce mixed with water along with the sugar and garlic chilli paste.
- Let the sauce evaporate until the oil starts to release. This will take about 10-12 minutes on high heat.
- Once the liquid has evaporated, add the sliced green bell peppers and the basil leaves.
- Stir for a few seconds. Serve over white or fried rice.