This stir-fry recipe will really come in clutch during those busy weeknights! I keep it simple with bell pepper and lots of basil basil but you can play around with any vegetable you really like. I highly highly recommend using oyster sauce for the stir-fry along with soy sauce to get that restaurant quality!
SIMPLE Chicken and Basil Stir Fry for Busy Weeknights
Easy peasy no-frills stir-fry!
- 2 tbsp soy sauce I would recommend adding 1 tbsp of oyster sauce and 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp red chili paste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 lb chicken thighs
- 1 bell pepper use 1/2 red and 1/2 green for color, sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 button red chili
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 tsp flour thinned out with water
- salt to taste
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, chili paste sugar, lime juice and vinegar in a mason jar.
- In a pan over high heat, fry chicken. Once cooked halfway, add in the sauce made earlier in step 1 and add about a 1/4 cup water.
- All the gravy to bubble for 5 mins.
- Next add onion, bell pepper and mix. Crush in the button chilli straight into the pan along with basil.
- Thicken the gravy with cornflour slurry to desired consistency. The slurry should resemble milk so add enough water to the flour.
- Adjust salt and let the stir-fry cook until veggies get soft.
- Serve hot with steamed or boiled rice!