I don’t eat deep fried stuff anymore, or limit them to a bite (which is usually of something my sister would be eating– one french fry, one shrimp, one Lays potato chip. I know I’m weird. Often times when I go out to eat with friends, the appetizer just inevitably ends up being deep fried and I’d be damned if I even request grilled shrimp over deep-fried shrimp because “nobody wants to eat grilled shrimps, Izza!” In those heated moments, I question our friendship.
Though I have yet to convert my friends to grilled shrimps, I know for chicken, these pretzel crusted fingers will always be a winner. My siblings scarfed these down in ten minutes. They’re a healthier alternative. Sure, I use pretzels but we can afford a few carbs because these are delicious and we can burn off later in the gym, okay? I won’t even start with the honey mustard dip because I want to let your taste buds enjoy that and also because this keyboard is ancient and hurting my fingers.
If you’re more into visuals, check out how I make this!
Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Dip
These chicken fingers are a must try if you're on a health kick, specially if you're on a health kick. They are baked to crisp perfection and can we ever say no to pretzels?!
Servings: 20 fingers
- 1 chicken breast cut into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup flour or enough to coat the chicken strips
- 1 large egg
- 4-5 cups pretzels coarsely crushed
Honey Mustard Dip
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 114 yellow mustard dijon mustard works well too
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste, if you like the dip spicy
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chicken strips with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Dredge each strip first in flour, then dip in egg and generously coat in the crushes pretzels.
- Bake for no more than 15-16 minutes because chicken breast tends will dry up if left in the oven for too long.
- For the Honey Mustard dip, mix all the ingredients together. Serve it up!
- Instead of baking, you can also shallow fry or even airfry. For airfrying, spray a generous coating of oil.
[…] Pretzel Crusted Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Dip […]
[…] Pretzel chicken fingers […]
Oh man, I’ve made these three times now and I can’t get enough of them. Pretzel crust is an awesome idea — these turn out good and salty and crunchy, satisfying my fast food chicken tender cravings. The honey mustard dip is very tasty, too; they’ve also gone well with a copycat Raising Cane’s sauce.
Can’t wait to try more of your recipes! Thank you for sharing them!
Thanks for trying this out, Emily. One of my favorite appetizers:) I hope you get a chance to try other recipes on my blog!