This recipe results in a thick, chunky cookie that holds its shape, is CHUNKY AF and so delicious. More importantly, chocolate chunks give it a gourmet look! You MUST TRY it!
Perfect Chocolate CHUNK Cookies
- 1 cup butter unsalted
- 1 cup brown sugar I use dark but light is fine too
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sea salt optional
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Next add in brown sugar and beat again until incorporate. Follow this up with white sugar and beat the mixture really well.
- Next add in eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Pour in vanilla extract and mix into the batter,
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry mixture in batches into the batter and mix each time until thoroughly incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Finally add in chocolate and chunks and chip and mix until the chocolate is evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
- Free the cookie dough for at least an hour.
- When ready to bake, shape the cookie dough into 1/4 cup balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. The cookies will expand so make sure you space them out well.
- Pop the baking sheet into the freezer to chill the cookie dough balls for at least 30 minutes to an hour. This will ensure the butter harden up a bit before hitting the oven, thus resulting in a more chunky and thick cookie that doesn't spread too much.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 15-17 minutes.*