Enchiladas are one of my favorite foods to order when I go to a tex-mex restaurant. Here, I made a Salsa Verde Enchilada that’s loaded with cheese, is incredibly filling and so EASY to put together!
Chicken Enchilada Ingredients
- Salsa: The most important ingredients for the enchiladas is the salsa. I used canned salsa verde but you can use red enchilada sauce or pretty much any salsa you prefer. hell, you can make it from scratch to.
- Sour Cream + Cheese: To add some creaminess to the filling, I use sour cream and cheese. You can add as much or as little as you like.
- Peppers: Of course, for some heat you need these bad boys to spice up your enchiladas. Again, everything is to your liking so have fun with it.
- Chicken: I recommend using any leftover chicken you have. I honestly don’t recommend cooking chicken specifically for this recipe. Use what you got! But if you’re keen on making something fresh, try my Garlic Butter Roast. You can also make this chili!
- Tortillas: I love flour tortillas for anything other than tacos so that’s what I used here. You can use whatever tortillas you like.
Cheesy Salsa Verde Enchiladas
These enchiladas are saucy, cheesy and so easy to make when you're on a time crunch!
- 2 tsp chopped jalapeno +_ fresno peppers or to taste
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp each cumin, cayenne, salt
- 1 7 oz can mild salsa verde
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/8 cup cheese
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 4 6-inch soft flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a pan over medium heat, saute the peppers and garlic in a touch oil.
- Sprinkle in the spices and stir for 30 seconds, then tip in the can of salsa Verde.
- Once the salsa heats up and starts to bubble, remove from the stove and add sour cream, cheese and shredded chicken.
- Divide the filling between the tortillas leaving a bit of sauce to coat the bottom of your baking pan.
- Roll the tortillas and place them seam side down close together in the baking pan. Top with some of the sauce and cheese to your liking.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 10 mins. Then remove the foil and broil for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Service with sour cream, cojita cheese and whatever else you like! It's that easy!