This recipe is sponsored by Hamilton Beach.
I have never attempted to make pasta from scratch, always relying on good ol’ store bought boxes every time cravings hit. I found the process of making pasta from scratch simple but laborious. Fettuccini is doable but what about penne or angel hair? How do you make that from scratch? So when Hamilton Beach asked me if I wanted to give their Electric Pasta Maker a crack, I was all in!
This mighty machine can “extrude” different kinds of pastas from #fettucini to #lasagna within 20 minutes! I’m a pasta-holic and the ease and wholesomeness of this #pasta maker really won me over. The strands are fresh and taste delicious. Best part is that they cook a lot faster than the boxed stuff. You can shop this pasta maker on Hamilton Beach and avail a 10% discount sitewide with my code IZZA10OFF, valid now until June 15, 2022
Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lb shrimps peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tbsp nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- lemon zest
- Italian parsley
- Sautee garlic in olive oil and sear shrimp for 2-3 minutes (make sure garlic doesn’t burn).
- Remove shrimp and in the same pan add butter, chili, black pepper, nutmeg and stir. Then add add flour and mix for 30 seconds to create a roux (will help thicken the sauce a bit).
- Next, pour milk and allow it to thicken a bit, then add cream, and lemon zest. Add salt to taste. If your sauce is too thick, add more milk.
- Boil ½ lb fettucine in salted boiling water (I add a tbsp of salt to the water) until they float to the top and cooked through. Drain and allow to cool before adding to the sauce.
- Add shrimp and mix thoroughly and top with more shrimp, parsley, #parmesan and lemon zest