Apple Crumble Cups
- 4 medium-sized apple I used Gala and Granny Smith
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- mint for garnishing
- Preheat you oven to 350 degrees F and grease a cupcake pan.
- Begin by hollowing out your apples. First, chop off the top. Run your paring knife inside the apples and scoop out the flesh. It will take a while (watch how I do it in my video).
- Once the apple cup is empty, squeeze in a couple drops of lemon juice. This will prevent the inside of the apple from turning brown.*
- In a mixing bowl, toss in the apple chunks along with brown sugar, cinnamon salt and lemon juice and keep to the side. As it sits, the juices from the apples will start to run.
- To make the crumble, cut butter into flour and brown sugar. I use my hands to do it but go ahead and use a knife or fork. Sprinkle a good pinch of salt and cinnamon and mix.
- To bake the apple crumble, fill the cavity of the mold of the cupcake pan up to the brim with the apples. Once all the molds are filled, spoon over the juice left in the bowl over the apples. Finally, top the apples with the crumble generously. and bake for 20-25 mins.
- To assemble the apple crumble, scoop out the apple crumble from each mold using a large spoon and place it gently into the empty apple cup.
- Top with vanilla icecream and a sprig of mint, and serve immediately.
- *Even after you rinse your apple cup with a little lemon juice, they will slightly turn brown but that's okay. Just leave the apple cups turned upside down until you are ready to fill them.