This is my fool-proof Korma recipe that will never disappoint
Author: Rookie With A Cookie
Recipe type: Curry
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Whole spices:
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 black cardamom
- 6 green cardamom
- 6 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp ginger/garlic paste
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless and chopped
- Ground spices:
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- 2 green cardamom
- In medium pot, add oil and fry onion until crispy and deep brown about 20-25 mins on medium heat. Remove the onion to a plate covered with paper towel. Be sure to lay them in a thin layer so they don't get soggy.
- Next, add the whole spices and fry for 30 seconds.
- Next add in ginger garlic paste and fry for another 30 seconds
- Add chicken and fry until the raw pinkness goes away about 4-5 minutes.
- Tip in the ground spices and vigorously mix into the chicken. I gave this another 4-5 minutes
- Add salt and yogurt and blend into the chicken well.
- Pour in water ant let the curry cook covered for 25 mins.
- While chicken is cooking, blend the fried onion slices. I only blend half of the onion with water and the other half without water to add more texture.
- After 25 mins of cooking, add the blended/crushed onion into the curry and mix really well for 5 mins. You should instantly begin to see the color of the curry change from a medium brown to a rich deep color and the oil should begin to separate.
- Toss in the green cardamom and pop the lid and let the curry cook on low heat for another 10 mins.
- Top with ginger slices and serve hot with naan. Enjoy!