Welcome old and new friends! These gorgeous fudgy brownies have been alive on my channel for a few years. This is one of the first few recipes that I shot for my YouTube channel. Having created this blog much later, I didn’t add some of my earlier recipes. I’m slowly beginning to make some of favorite creations to add to my blog.
These fudgy brownies are a no-brainer. Remember, key to the fudge is melting chocolate and butter and then incorporating the remaining ingredients: eggs, cocoa and flour. Get your hands on the good kind of chocolate. It will truly up your brownie game! These brownies should not be cakey at all unless you overbake them. We’re not adding any leavening agent like baking soda or baking powder. Keep checking up on it in the oven and pull the pan out once a skewer inserted in the center comes out with fudgy crumbs attached- ~30-35 minutes mark should do it but I’d recommend to start checking up around 25 minutes. Tend to these bad boys like you would a bad boy :p
- 7 oz dark chocolate (or semi-sweet)
- 4 oz butter (1/2 stick)
- 3 eggs
- 3tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- chopped walnuts, optional
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chunk or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8 by 8 inch pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler by placing a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water making sure the water does not touch the pan. If using microwave, heat for 10-15 seconds intervals, stirring in between until chocolate and butter have melted.
- Next, add eggs one at a time, and using a whisk or spatula mix the batter after each egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cocoa powder, salt and flour. Add this to the batter along with wanuts and chocolate chunks.
- Mix the batter just until all the ingredients are incorporated.Don't overmix.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and top with additional nuts.
- Bake Fudge Brownies for 30-35 minutes. Begin checking after 25 minutes by inserting skewer in the center of the brownies. If it comes out with crumbs attached to it, pull our the pan. Do not overbake.
- Let cool a little before slicing into squares.
- Serve a la mode!